Pages

June 16, 2008

busy...

There is just so much going on that I don't have time to blog about it all...
My parents are here. Dad is helping Adam on our residing project:

Mom brought her sewing machine and is helping around the house.

As part of the siding project, I get an awesome new kitchen window to look out while I'm doing dishes. (Check out my kitchen sink. I LOVE this sink! Do they even make them like this anymore?) With this new set-up, I'm might actually enjoy doing dishes:

I've been contemplating the "backyard" while looking out our new kitchen window. On Saturday Adam and I were talking about replacing a damaged eastern red cedar near the southwestern corner of the house with a shade tree. Early the next morning a thunderstorm rolled through, fast and furious, making our decision pretty clear:


We all enjoyed a (camera-free) day at the lake on Sunday. Adam and Dad spent the afternoon on the boat feeding the fish (read: fish were eating the bait and swimming happily away...) while Mom and I played in the water and the sand at the swimming beach with the kids. We all enjoyed a picnic dinner, complete with T-bone steaks cooked over charcoal before heading home for a Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun this week! It looks like you are getting a lot of stuff done:)

Anonymous said...

I set up my sewing machine today and ran through a pile of projects that had been building for much too long. It felt great to be sewing again!