Godparents, this time. We were honored that our friends chose us to be the godparents to their third child, a beautiful baby girl. Her chosen patron saints are Saint Elizabeth of Hungary and St. Catherine of Alexandria. I don't have any pictures because by the time I remembered my camera, we were already on our way to leaving late for the baptism. Please pray for us that we may fulfill our role well:
"In all, godparents serve a special role in the life of the baptized person. Therefore, each parent should choose a godparent not just because of a blood relationship or friendship; rather, a godparent should be a trustworthy witness of the faith who will help the godchild attain salvation." The Role of Godparents by Father William Saunders.
After our afternoon with our friends, seeing and holding a new baby, the kids began discussing our family size around the dinner table. Catherine counted up the kids in a family with whom we are friends and decided that we should have seven kids just like them. I counted Catherine, Teresa, Anthony, Stephen, and added five, six, seven; that would be three more children. "Well," she considered, "Maybe we should just have six kids, then. One more boy and one more girl." Then she added, "When I grow up, I can have seven kids. Or eighty." This sounds like a trend. I'll have to work more on mathematical concepts with her.
4 months ago


3 comments:
Congratulations on becoming godparents. I know you will do well:)
Oh boy, I'm tired. That was me:)
kristi
Congratulations on being godparents!
And Eighty kids! She is ambitious! :) That is so cute!
Post a Comment