Pages

January 14, 2009

thankful - the weather edition

On Sunday night Catherine was not feeling well. It was a general leg pain, tummy hurt, and other phantom symptoms. Considering that Stephen had a fever and a cough, that we got home really late Sunday night, and that early Monday morning, she was still complaining, we all went back to sleep.

Around 3PM...we woke up (just kidding)...I looked outside at the howling, blowing snow (and since I couldn't see the end of the driveway) I was thankful that I didn't have to get the kids ready to go pick Catherine up from the bus. At 4PM, a friend called and asked if we had gotten Catherine home. Apparently the sheriff was not allowing the buses to leave. Everyone who lived outside of town had to drive all the way in to pick up their kids and the cafeteria was a mess of elementary through high school aged kids waiting for their parents. (They wouldn't let the high school kids drive themselves home, either).

So, while chaos ensued at school, Catherine was home, safe and sound.



Here she is yesterday after school playing with Anthony. Teresa actually set up most of the city, but Catherine was happy to use it as a stage for our Fontanini nativity figures and...Ariel (yeah - that's the little mermaid, rather than Fontanini's Ariel).

No comments: