Pages

March 3, 2009

cuteness - for the record

Stephen is becoming more and more talkative, although I don't always understand him. This morning at Mass he started saying "puh-puh" and I thought he might have to go to the bathroom; but, no, he was saying 'purple', pointing out the color of Father's vestments. He has been quick to join in on our "AH-MEN", folding his hands at the end of every prayer, but last night at bedtime he pointed up at the kids Night Prayer that we have taped on the wall in the hallway and started babbling the first line and this morning he joined in on some of the key words in the Our Father. I love how he says Heaven: "hea-VEEN"!

Just about every animal is a "mon-kee" right now, except for the "kick-EE-ns" (the ten chicks we have in our basement).

Although "ma-mee" and "da-dee" are pretty typical renderings, It is fun to see how each kid pronounces their siblings names...and their own. I will never forget how Teresa used to call her sister "Cracken" and how Catherine called herself "Cackren". Stephen's current versions are "Ca-feen", "Tash-ee", "Ant-nee" and he is "Tee-veen" He really likes those ee's!

No comments: