This morning I offered to make the kids pancakes for breakfast. They all declined, but when we got downstairs and I asked if they would prefer oatmeal or eggs and toast, Teresa said, "I thought you were going to make pancakes." I reminded them that no one wanted pancakes when I asked earlier and Teresa retorted, "Oh, we must have thought you said, 'Do you want mushroom salad?'"
Stephen has a fever, so I'll be staying home from the wedding tomorrow with him. Tucking the girls into bed, I noticed that they already had their fancy dresses picked out and, reflecting on how today went, I told them that they could only go to the wedding tomorrow evening if they behaved well all day. Catherine replied, "Well, I'm grumpy in the morning when I wake up, so I'll just stay in bed until it's time to go to the wedding."
4 months ago


2 comments:
Catherine is a clever little girl. I'm grumpy in the morning too....I wonder if I can use that as an excuse to stay in bed?
They are awesome. =]
Post a Comment