
He also listened to my desire to have the kids' swingset (and a sandbox) in the backyard where I can watch them play while I'm washing dishes at the sink. Perhaps out of a sense of guilt for "forgetting" my birthday, he was motivated to whip out the chainsaw and cut down some trees. We are deciding if this is enough, or if we want to cut out the rest of the cedars and plant a shade tree in their place.

Now, I have to admit that the rest of his motivation to start this project probably stemmed from the fact that he was anxious to use HIS (early) birthday present, which was a new trimmer. We are not talking about an ordinary weed whacker, but a powerful trimmer with a blade attachment for cutting down small trees. Since we live on an acreage, with elms and silver maples that self-seed so readily along with some giant weeds that grow up in places that we can't mow, he was excited to get this in order to more easily keep our property looking nicer. Besides, the more of those tall weedy forest there are, the more bugs we've got. So with the combination of having chickens and ducks and a more well-maintained property, I'm looking forward to having fewer bugs eating the garden - and us!


1 comment:
Your cookware is awesome....but, I really love where you moved the swingset:D
Post a Comment