Pages

July 9, 2009

It's going to be a girl!

I was not terribly surprised. The higher heart rate (158-161bpm) indicated that it would be a girl for me. Also, after I got sick during my first trimester and didn't eat for a week, my "cravings" shifted from salty-spicy to salty-sweet. The dead giveaway was this morning when the baby wouldn't cooperate with the ultrasound technician. Yeah - that's a girl.

The girls are happy - Anthony keeps asking if we're sure it's not a boy. Stephen, surprisingly, has said that he wanted a baby "sister" since we started talking about the baby in my belly. However, he is relatively indifferent about the news. "Of course it's a girl. I've been telling you all that I'm going to have a sister."

I'm happy that I don't have to get rid of all my baby girl clothes... BUT ...I'm a little disappointed that I don't have an excuse to give away all our baby girl clothes...so I'll be going through and reducing the number of baby boy clothes we have. If we have another boy someday they will have been in storage for at least four years.

Now, please notice the POLL I have created to the left. Ever since we were expecting Anthony, we have agreed on our next baby girls' name: the feminine form of Michael, pronounced mi-KAY-la. Unfortunately, we recently realized that we never talked about how to spell it...and we don't agree. Neither of us really like the last option, but Adam does want a "phonetic" spelling. Please vote for the one you like the best or leave a comment if you have a "better" way to spell it. ;)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I say just make up your own spelling, everyone else does! How about MaKvliah? The v is silent. :)

Anonymous said...

My Italian cousin spells her name Michela.

Courtney D. said...

I like Michaela :) Can't wait to see you guys

Joseph Q said...

I love the spelling Mikayla
p;ease do it :D
Michaela also sounds nice but i voted 4 Kikayla

Kristi said...

Holy Smokes....my choice for spelling is losing big time. I better head to the library to cast some more votes.