This is one of those instances in which I need to accept *this* as a small inconvenience that is God's will. There will be a little tiny bit of suffering involved, but really, it's something I can easily offer up. I still have a (strong) tendency, however to think "Murphy's Law": We've had record lows throughout July and now that it's August and back to seasonably hot (though not record-breaking heat, by any means) weather, the heat pump goes out.
Here's the thing: our downstairs is on a separate HVAC system that works so it's really just slightly uncomfortable upstairs. It's not even too hot upstairs when it's time to go to bed if we turn on the ceiling fans...but how easy (and fun) would it be to camp outside or set up sleeping bags in the piano and living rooms until Adam gets the parts to fix it? Not hard at all. A blessing for our family rather than a curse. Why do I instantly see the "tragedy" of the situation, though, rather than the opportunity?
Jesus, meek and humble of heart
Make my heart like unto Thine.
4 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment