Pages

August 22, 2009

garage sale...

I pulled out all my little girl "winter" clothing and found...not much. So, when we were in town on Friday I decided to look at a few garage sales. I picked up a few really nice 12-18 month clothes at one for next winter and found about half a dozen "Newborn" sleepers to bring my total up to 8. I saved plenty of clothes in every other size (including 0-3 month, which are bigger than the 'newborn' size I needed) but realized that I didn't have much in the way of newborn sized warm sleepers because my girls were both born in the summer and pretty much wore onesies (of which I saved the best 1/2 dozen + 2 preemie sized ones) So...I have 8 onesies, 8 sleepers and 8 blankets, which is just a little more than I think I need. I even have a 0-3 month Baby GAP coat, but these are so much easier - and warmer overall. Now I just need to find something pretty, warm, and comfortable for her to wear to Mass.

While I was looking through clothes, the kids spotted a bin of Beanie Babies for $0.50 each. I told them they could each pick one out and if they behaved I'd buy it for them. Here are the toys they picked out: Can you guess which one belongs to which child? The answers are in the comments.



I picked up a few "toys" for myself, too. I found a hardback collection of Rudyard Kipling's Just So Stories, illustrated by him and two paperback books: Five Little Peppers and How They Grew, and Five Little Peppers Midway. I know there's a whole series of books about the Five Little Peppers, but that's all she had.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Green: Anthony
Sparkly Rainbow: Stephen
Pink: Catherine
Baby Penguins: Teresa