Pages

August 3, 2009

I give up...

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and need to start wearing maternity clothes. The problem is...I hate almost all of my maternity clothes. I have a bunch of pregnant friends who look so cute and I feel so frumpy in my baggy shirts and 'regular' pants. I can pretty much guarantee that almost all of my maternity clothing would end up in the trash on What Not to Wear. Some of the stuff is cute - but not my size. The stuff that fits is out of style. So, we went shopping here yesterday and found one pair of tall jeans on clearance in my size (it was actually the only pair of tall pants in the whole store).

Finally, a pair of pants that does not hover over my shoes! In the words of my tall friend, Shannon: "They are glorious!"

All the shirts in the store were too big for me...but I was inspired and went on-line to order another pair of tall jeans and a few shirts for the rest of the summer + a few long-sleeved items for this fall/winter. I feel a little guilty for spending over $100 on new clothes, but it is not something I have done in years and I just have NOT been able to find clothes that fit anywhere else. Oh - the burden of being tall and thin! (I know you all feel so sorry for me).

Another reason it is hard for me to spend money on new clothes is because of our laundry or, rather, our water. (The culprit is manganese - our water has .62ppm when levels of .05 - 0.5ppm may cause black or brown staining of pipes, sinks, and laundry.) Even with our softener, we can't get this below .05ppm. So, this is what happens to our laundry. Compare last years' white socks to some brand-spanking-new ones:

No comments: