Stephen is very happy wearing underwear like a big boy and hasn't had an accident all week. Its was like magic - he decided to be potty-trained and PRESTO, he is (until he falls asleep...he's not 100% so spontaneous naps on the couch or in the van are going to be tricky for a while). Anthony potty-trained easily all on his own, too. The girls were a different story - and another one is on the way...
TWO:
I found two new blogs to add to Our Big Backyard: Jumping Off The Processed Food Chain One Box At A Time saved me with some sneaky egg recipes, which led me to Thy Hand Hath Provided through the Baked Oatmeal link. She has a lovely quote about work from Blessed Mother Teresa in her sidebar (and eight ways to preserve tomatoes - very useful considering how many tomatoes we have...)
"There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the sake of the work. This is where the respect and the love and the devotion come in- that we do it to God, to Christ, and that's why we try to do it as beautifully as possible." - Mother Teresa
This fits in nicely with my reading of Holiness for Housewives and a tape I recently borrowed from Father V.: Homemakers, Housework, and Heaven by Dia Boyle.
THREE:
Stephen is such a cute kid. When he does something wrong, he goes to time out with a scowl, but comes back readily, to give me a hug and kiss, saying, "Sorry, mom." Here are a few funny conversations we've had lately:
Mom: Stephen?
Stephen: What? (I love the way he says, 'what')
Mom: You're cute.
Stephen: You're cute too.
(later)
Dad: Stephen?
Stephen: What?
Dad: You're cute.
Stephen: No. Mommy's cute.
(Come on, say it with me: AWWWWW.....)
Stephen: Again. Read it again.
Mom: No, we have to go finish cleaning up the kitchen, now.
Stephen: Not me! You.
Mom: O.K. I can't read the book again because I have to go finish cleaning up the kitchen.
Stephen: Me, too.
FOUR:

Adam started brewing a few more things and while the yeast is bubbling away in the tomato wine and the apfelwein (a Woodchuck Draft Cider clone), the kitchen stinks. Enough said.
FIVE:
I've been thinking about re-arranging all our upstairs rooms and doing "school" downstairs in the dining room. Boys will stay put, but the girls will get out room; we'll move into what is now the "school" room and we'll pare down on "office" stuff in what is now the girls room (the smallest room with NO closet). Adam is willing to get the last two upstairs rooms painted before Michaela is born if I empty and de-clutter them. It will be a modified Clean-Sweep. I guess this is my "nesting instinct" kicking in full-force...
SIX:
Stephen has been sneaking bites of stick butter, cream cheese, and various other things from the fridge. He's been bringing a 1/2 gallon of milk to us with a cup and asking for some, but the other day he decided to pour himself a cup - on the couch. Milk on the couch and on the carpet...ick. I called Adam in desperation and he brought home a safety lock for the fridge. We'll see how long it takes for Stephen figure out how to open it - or break it.
SEVEN:
A few weeks ago Teresa asked why the trees were acting like it was fall. We've pulled out sweaters, jackets and pants so we can keep wearing our summer dresses and other summer clothes. I'm not ready to put them away just yet, especially when it warms up in the afternoons and they all want to change their clothes because they're "sweating" hot.
A PICTURE THOUGHT I AM SHARING:


2 comments:
Stephen is funny:)
I LOVED our fridge lock until Jacob managed to pull the whole thing off. Now to find some super glue...
Post a Comment