Pages

October 12, 2009

first snow

Since I've been seeing everyone else's blog posts of their kids happily playing in the snow, I had to jump on and share what happened in our part of the world:

We had 5+ inches of snow on the ground when we woke up Saturday morning and the kids were so excited. It took me a while to pull out the winter stuff that fit each of them, and help them put it all on so they could go out and play (we were only supposed to get a dusting). They each ran outside as soon as they were dressed and then I went to clean up the kitchen before going out to take pictures. No such luck.

Before I was finished cleaning up, Catherine arrived at the door crying (not screaming, like when she scrapes her knee - this sounded much less serious). She came in sobbing, telling me that she slipped and fell and hit her head. Teresa came in behind her and gasped, "You're bleeding!" Sure enough, when I turned her around, there was blood dripping out of her hair and down her coat. To make a long story short, she ended up with a trip to the ER and 4 staples in the back of her head.



I was surprised that they didn't even cut her hair but stapled right over it because they've found that there is less of a chance of getting a secondary infection that way. She'll get them out next Monday.



Although most of the 5+ inches of snow had melted, we did get a little more snow early Monday morning and I snapped a picture of these petunias.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Poor Catherine:( At least she kept her cool.

Kari said...

Oh yikes! poor girl! (This is Kari-Lynn Christensen, BTW :)