Pages

October 20, 2009

the office

We've got one of our major projects done; now it's time to move the girls out of the BIG room and get it painted. Adam has also been working on two rooms in the basement - it hasn't taken us all month just to do this, although I can't believe how fast this month has gone - we've got about 7 weeks (or fewer) before baby arrives! Little things like preparing for and working at our annual Church Dinner and spending half a Saturday in the ER hasn't helped...(Catherine's staples are out and she's fine). Still, it helps to document the progress that has been made:

This is the only bedroom that does not have a closet. It is also one of the two small bedrooms, so we made it our office. Goodbye pink.

maybe...

...we had some trouble with our first attempt to paint the room. The primer didn't stick to any of the places Adam had patched. He had tried using a faster setting joint compound and it dried without curing where it was spread too thin...and that is where it failed. After half a day of scraping and re-sanding, Adam re-primed and painted; I cleaned; and we moved in on Saturday:

It's not a terribly exciting color - the same as our bedroom because we had an extra gallon in our basement. It's Antique White (Behr). I'm happy to point out that I have room on this bookshelf for more books, of course! Our library booksale is coming up at the end of the month and I'm getting excited.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

It looks awesome!

Aubrey said...

Wow, what a beautiful room! From the top post (stairs) to this one, I'm admiring your woodwork. It's just beautiful. You must have a turn of the century house? During high school, I lived with my family on an acreage outside of David City. We had this big old farmhouse with woodwork like that, cabinets, and wood floors. The rooms were huge and airy and the windows let in all kinds of light. I'm reminiscing. Cheers to your new office! :)