While the kids were visiting Grandma Q for a week we emptied it, cleaned and scraped the walls (Monday), patched the cracks (Monday and Tuesday), and sanded it smooth to be primed (Wednesday). The ceiling got painted on Thursday. They came home Friday and have been camping out in Anthony's room because Adam wasn't able to paint the walls until Friday evening and, after that, refinished the windowsills.

The color is Behr's "Silver Service" in an eggshell finish. Call it purple if you want...I like it. It's amazing how different colors can look in natural light compared to using a flash, isn't it?

Today I finally got everything cleaned up and moved furniture back in. We have a few pictures and things to hang. Adam does not want to see anything taped to the walls, so I've requested some kind of magnetic strip or a wooden strip with sliding clips for them to display their artwork, too. I also got permission to put glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling as long as they can be easily removed. I always wanted stars on my ceiling.


2 comments:
Awesome! What a project ... it looks great!! :)
It looks awesome Stephanie!
Post a Comment