Pages

December 5, 2009

introducing...

Michaela Jean.
Born: 12/4/09 Weighing: 7lb 5oz Measuring: 19"

We arrived at the hospital at 8:30AM and none of the nurses really believed I was in labor...Adam took a picture before I got ready. I guess it doesn't look like I'm in labor here, does it?

I was 9cm and my room was full of nurses before I knew it. My doctor showed up around 9:15 and after he got ready and broke my water, it finally hurt - and we had Michaela Jean 4minutes later...at 9:28AM.

I've been reading posts like Lindsay's and Aubrey's and wondering what was wrong with me for not feeling this way...but as soon as I held my baby, I fell in love and have been lost in wonder at this beautiful miracle:

She's so adorable - I couldn't pick just one picture to share...


Michaela says, "Happy Birthday to me!"

12 comments:

Aubrey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! (That's five exclamation points--one for each child.) I'm so happy to see your news. She is just beautiful! :) I'm so glad that everything went smoothly for you.

It was the same morning--our doctor came into the room for my OB check-up, then a nurse popped her head in and said that he was needed on the phone stat. He disappeared, then reappeared and said, "she's 9 cm, I've got to go quickly." So the rosary was on Catholic radio on my way home from the office and I prayed with it for the intention of that mother about to deliver. I wondered if it might be you. How fun that it was! ;)

Can't wait to see and read how everything is going! I'm so excited for you!

Congratulations again!

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous!!!

Amy J said...

Congrats Quinns! I too was at the clinic yesterday...only for a blood draw, but I heard the nurse tell the receptionist to reschedule appts or ask them to wait about an hour. I wondered how he'd possibly be back in only an hour...only with you I guess! Glad it went well.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie---She is soooo beautiful. Congrats!! I can see why you couldnt choose just one picture. (That last picture is awesome) She looks a lot like Stephan:)

BTW-- My husband is amazed that you dont have long labors. And Im jealous:)

stephanie said...

Aubrey and Amy - what a small world! Justin mentioned that you are expecting in July, Amy? Congrats!
Kristi - I think most people are amazed and/or jealous about my labor stories. I did have "normal" labor/delivery with my first 2 girls; just the last 3 have been so easy. The good Lord knows how weak I am, so He doesn't ask much of me.

Stephanie said...

Hooray! Adorable is right! Congratulations to your family :)

Stephanie said...

Hooray! Adorable is right! Congratulations to your family :)

SuzanneG said...

Yes, amazed and jealous! *wink*

Lovely photos! Enjoy your babymoon!

Smiler #1 said...

Congratulations! She's absolutely beautiful. Good thing her name is in the background...I don't think I could tell her apart from her siblings. What a resemblance!

Sara said...

She really is so beautiful, Steph. Would love to come visit you guys & bring you dinner, maybe in a month or 2 when things have started to settle down (that will happen eventually, right?!) Praying for you & your recovery.

Lautenschlagers said...

Congratulations Quinn Family! So happy for you! What a beautiful little girl, and lucky too with so many loving siblings to welcome her home!!!
--The Lautenschlagers

Megan B said...

congratulations on your precious blessing! i'm glad things went so well for you. jacob's and emily's births were rather quick and "easy" (if you can even say that about labor...), so i'm with you on the "being weak" theory. i don't think i'd be having too many babies if my labors were much more difficult.