Pages

January 28, 2010

8 weeks

Well, tomorrow Michaela will be 8 weeks old, though she won't be two months until next week. We had an appointment today. After recording her measurements and looking her over, our doctor lifted her up in the air with a big smile and brought her back down, giving her a little kiss on the forehead saying, "She's perfect." I love our doctor...and he's right. She is perfect. Here's the stats:

Weight: 11.0 lbs (55%)
Length: 24" (90%)

She has grown out of her newborn stuff and some of her 0-3 month clothes are getting too short, so I'm glad we have a cousin who we can pass them down to...for now. It's not typical that my babies wear 3-6 month outfits before 3 months, but Michaela is!

Michaela is starting to look like she's going to smile...and occasionally makes a few noises like she is going to babble, but they don't quite get out. Also, if you haven't noticed from the pictures, she takes a pacifier (and I love the handy Munchkin clip so she doesn't lose it and find her thumb instead.) My friend, Lisa K., touting the benefits of pacifiers over thumb-sucking once said something to the effect of, "When she gets older you can take away her pacifier, you can't cut off her thumb." Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. She is perfect:)