Pages

January 30, 2010

cute kid stuff

Teresa came up to me this morning saying, "Mom, I'm boring."
No you're not, sweetie.
"Yes, I am. There's nothing to do."

If you ask Stephen his name, he will reply, "I'm Stephen Vincent [Q] and Superman to the rescue!" (not just Superman, mind you, Superman to the rescue.)

If Stephen doesn't know the proper name for something, he'll call it an "[adjective/verb] thini-bellini" For example, the meat thermometer is the "beeping thini-bellini". The wine bottle opener is the "screwing thini-bellini". Sometimes we can figure it out. Other times I just don't know what the "green thini-bellini" is...

Catherine was recently hanging on to a box by the linen closet and flailing her legs, calling to Teresa, "Save me!" Apparently, she was in a river and the stairs were a waterfall that she was going to get sucked over if she let go.

None of our kids have quite got the language down when it comes to nursing mommies. I have to roll my eyes every time they ask about those "milk things" or "bras". Even funnier, though, Catherine asked Andrea last weekend why she wasn't "milking" Eliza.

Anthony says so many funny and unexpected things, but I have such a hard time remembering them. I need to carry around a piece of paper...some favorite phrases include: "the tippiest top!" And "arghhh..." when he is frustrated.

The final / most recent funny is from Stephen, again. He left a cup of water in the van overnight and finding it frozen, he complained, "I don't want it icy. I want it drinky!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didnt know you had a waterfall on your property. You're a lucky lady:)