Pages

January 13, 2010

more snow...

We had another 8 inches of snow + wind that left us stranded once again last week. We knew this storm was coming and bought a snowblower for the back of the tractor so that we could get ourselves out. Unfortunately, the 4-foot-deep drift of dense snow between our driveway and the road proved too much for our little tractor, so we had to ask our neighbor, who was clearing the road with his payloader, to dig us out once again.


The kids had fun playing "King of the Mountain" with dad on the 12 foot pile of snow that our mailbox is buried under:


They made a fun snow slide down one side:


The kids discovered a winter wonderland among the cedars on the south side of our property:


A picture of the re-sculpted drifts from the kitchen window:


Here's my view out the dining room window:


Hoarfrost on Monday morning:


Today it is warm and with 40 degree temps in the extended forecast we'll see how much of this melts. In the meantime, I'm kicking the kids outside to play.

3 comments:

-the dad said...

Is the west side of the house completely blocked in based on your dining/Kitchen Pictures?
-the dad

It's me ...Mavis said...

I love it!!!
What does it feel like to be "snowed in" are you going crazy yet?

stephanie said...

dad - the drifts peak about 4 feet away from the house and slope down toward it, so the heat pump, water heater vent, etc aren't buried. The wind drove the snow through the window screens.

Fortunately, I'm used to being home with the kids, so I'm not going crazy - and I have get outside at least once a day to take care of the chickens and ducks. ;)