It has been foggy for the last week or so, which has resulted in the formation of some pretty awesome frost on...everything.
After I took these pictures, we had "freezing rain" in the forecast and the next day instead of "frosty" everything was icy. It warmed up today and we had showers of ice coming down from the trees...what's next?
I feel like we're neighbors. I'm a homeschooling mom who recently moved to Iowa. We had much of the same weather. Much of it is beautiful ... but also brutal!
Kathy - welcome to the Midwest! This is the "worst" winter I've seen in the 14 winters that I've lived in Nebraska (I came from CO, briefly, but sunny CA for 9 years before that and the D.C. area for the first 8 years of my life).
Camille - thanks for stopping by. I had fun taking those pictures and glad you enjoyed them.
As a wife I beseech Thee, O Triune God, make me a cheerful, trustful, unselfish, thrifty, and an affectionate companion. If I am blessed with Motherhood, I ask the additional grace of patience and good example. May our family be modeled upon the Holy Family. Amen
Thanks be to the Father, who manifested unlimited power within me by drawing forth from nothingness another human soul and giving it to my care.
Thanks be to the Son, who has revealed his eternal wisdom within me by fashioning another flame of human life so delicate that it can neither be seen nor heard, so strong that it will live forever.
Thanks be to the Holy Spirit, who has shown his everlasting love within me by forming another human heart to spend its days on earth in praising God and returning love for love.
3 comments:
I feel like we're neighbors. I'm a homeschooling mom who recently moved to Iowa. We had much of the same weather. Much of it is beautiful ... but also brutal!
I just hopped over from Mavis' blog ~ lovely to "meet" you. Your frost pictures are absolutely stunning! God's creation is so incredible isn't it? :)
Blessings,
Camille
Kathy - welcome to the Midwest! This is the "worst" winter I've seen in the 14 winters that I've lived in Nebraska (I came from CO, briefly, but sunny CA for 9 years before that and the D.C. area for the first 8 years of my life).
Camille - thanks for stopping by. I had fun taking those pictures and glad you enjoyed them.
Post a Comment