
Our chickens were happy to find the green grass that has been buried for three months straight. Here they were last week on the iced over driveway, pecking at some grain my husband dumped out there from his last homebrew (something like a Boulevard Wheat) and one enjoying the green grass yesterday:


You can see that our driveway is no longer iced over, either:

The layers are giving us about a dozen eggs a day and at least one of our Easter Eggers has started laying again. This was one of the first funny looking eggs we got:

I'm trying to save the light colored eggs so that we can have them hard-boiled at Easter. You just can't peel a FRESH egg - unless it's frozen solid!


2 comments:
I cannot imagine having my yard covered with snow for 3 whole months... WOW... I think Spring might be around the corner for you...let's hope :)
I didn't know you could peel a frozen egg easier. Thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment