Pages

June 25, 2010

pictures from the week...



Catherine's birthday cake was an ice-cream cake. The lighting in my birthday pictures always turns out terrible...sorry kids. The cake was a little rough around the edges, but delicious. Catherine made a point to thank me for it at the end of the day during our night prayers (so I know she really did like it) and Teresa added, "Yeah. It was stupendous!" Not to detract from Catherine, though...she has been a very good BIG sister who loves her baby sister, Michaela. She is happiest and smiles the biggest for the camera with this baby in her arms.



Michaela is cute as ever. She got her second tooth and had her second food today: pears. She loved it! She didn't play around with it, either - just slurped it right down. I didn't get any pictures this time, but I couldn't resist taking a picture of her sitting there in all her soft chubby glory with just her diaper on. (But not just any diaper - it's a Bummis Super Whisper Wrap. I love this flower print!)



In other news, the winter boots were finally put away and I found these Sunny Patch rain/mud boots for the boys on clearance at Toys R Us. I went in looking for bibs and came out with these. Both boys got their favorite colors. They wear them all the time, whether they're feeding chickens or chasing ducks (or riding bikes or going to the park...)




Quack-ack-ack-ack-ack...


While I'm dealing with pictures - this is my favorite kitten. I always wanted a soft gray one like Teresa's Shadow, but I love this one's soft, sleek fur. He's Anthony's and was named Zac, but now his name is Diamond because he has a white diamond on his back just above those two skunk stripes. Of course you can't see it. He also has beautiful distinct stripes on his front legs, which you can't see, either. Guess I need to try to get another picture...