Pages

June 27, 2010

happy b-day to me...

...and Adam's cousin Tyson and his Uncle John and my friend from college Adam and another friend's son Andrew. There's a lot of us who share the day that the melody to the "Happy Birthday" song was written (June 27, 1859). I always thought Mozart was also born on this day, but it turns out I was wrong. He was born Jan. 27th. Oh well.


Catherine thought she should take some pictures of me for the blog so here they are (cropped and adjusted for brightness...that couch is a bad place to take pictures when the sun is shining through the window behind us. ;)


I had a happy birthday morning - Catherine and Teresa got themselves dressed for church, took Michaela downstairs so I could sleep in while they made breakfast. Blueberry bagels with strawberry cream cheese and apple juice. Breakfast in bed! Adam had some Bugles in his bag of leftover snacks from his fishing trip. He thinks they're gross - I love them - so I claimed them and enjoyed eating this 7 ingredient snack food while watching our Sunday afternoon movie (finally watched The Emperors New Groove - it was good, but is not on my top ten list.). Tell me you've never done this!

We also finally tried out the new Mexican restaurant in town. It was good! They made me wear a sombrero while they sang to me, but I got a sopapilla (more like a Peruvian cachanga than the soft sopapillas I'm used to) dessert topped with a squirt of whipped cream and a cherry. I don't have a picture of that for you...but the restaurant does!

No comments: