Pages

August 26, 2010

high hopes



Anthony drew this picture for me (that's why he wrote 'Mom' on it) He was so excited when he told me, "Mom, I got to see the JANITOR today!" Really? Did everyone draw a picture of the janitor? "No. They want to be other things when they grow up." (here, I had to suppress a laugh and fortunately, he was looking at the picture he was coloring). So, you want to be a janitor when you grow up? "YES! I can work at the school and help at the school." He has always been a great helper around the house. Remember this?

So, in addition to mopping the kitchen floor, I think I'm going to add "take out the trash" and "scrub the toilets" to his chore list. It's career training!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why Anthony is my favorite non-related child. He is such a cool and interesting kid!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...I mean, I don't have favorites:D

Andrea said...

Haha! I almost died when I read this.
I love Anthony. He always makes me smile!

Kristi said...

Stephanie...Rick smiled when I told him about your post. We both think your idea for job training is an excellent idea:D

Smiler #1 said...

Sounds like it's time for you to break out the "butler game". Andrew totally ate it up at that age. Oh, and if he needs any extra toilet scrubbing practice...give me a call!