
We've got "...one of America's largest and most handome bats" hanging out about 30 feet from our front door. My 7yo found it and came to get me and my camera, recognizing the uniqueness of this experience. It looks like a hoary bat (Lasiurus cinerius) to me. I am sure this guy is getting his fill of moths and we are looking forward to watching him fly around tonight. For now, he needs his rest.

(I'll add any pictures we might get of him in flight, if we're lucky enough to get a good one this evening. Until then, I'll be reading a little more about hoary bats, here).



1 comment:
Wow, that is really some bat and I bet the young one was estatic to have discovered it. We have many bats that hang around our house but they are very small, nothing like the one you have.
Post a Comment