Pages

January 9, 2011

more presents

Oh the JOY of Christmas!

Catherine was thrilled with BARBIE stuff from her aunt and uncle; and a Disney Princess digital watch and Fisher Price Loving Family dollhouse Dad & Sister from us.  The car is for both of the girls, but you can guess who is more excited about it and will be playing with it more.


Teresa had a GIANT Christmas. We bought her this 36" Shamu aka orca aka killer whale because she has been asking for a big stuffed animal forever and actually requested an orca, or "anything that lives in the ocean" AND she gave away ALL her other stuffed animals before Christmas TRUSTING that she was going to get her hearts' desire.  She got it.  I also got her books about "Dolphins and Whales" and the "Ocean".  The giant lolipop came from the family gift exchange.  It broke, so I haven't really been able to document the disappearance of the giant sucker, but I'd say she's eaten about 2/3 of it.



Anthony got this from his aunt and uncle who are also his godparents and love to spoil him at Christmas.  I missed capturing the excitement when he opened it up.  He loves it.  We had to buy a new battery charger and rechargeable batteries with some of our Christmas money to keep the fun going.  Daddy bought him a toolbox with some real tools in it that he can use to help.  He is always ready with his 4-in-1 screwdriver!


Stephen got this fun little noise maker from his aunt and uncle.  His big present from us was more TRIO blocks - the big box - though I don't have a picture of him playing with them.  He's been making more and bigger boomers and has branched out and started building houses and towers.  Anthony has also been building things from the new idea booklet. 
 

Michaela got mostly practical stuff like bibs and clothes, but she also scored a fun toy for her carseat:  Sir Prance-a-lot.  (She plays with it in the van.  I'm usually driving, so I don't have a picture of her with it), She also got some nubby balls, a new board book, and a Fisher-Price chatter phone, which she's not too interested in.  She'd rather sneak up to the girls' room and take their baby dolls.


We got a great stack of DVDs from my parents - thank you, thank you!  The kids just can't get enough Frosty the Snowman.  The Veggie Tales triple features are awesome and Toy Story 3 is so good.  I actually requested those but the rest were surprises.


The kids got a Leapfrog TAG Reader with an assortment of TAG books from my Aunt Becky, God bless her.  Anthony is reading The Cat In The Hat here, which is a Dr. Seuss book that we actually didn't have our own copy of yet...although we do have The Cat In The Hat Comes Back.  They are enjoying this new 'toy' and I have to set a timer because each book is full of games and activities and then you can use the rewards you earn from those to play more games on-line .  (They're all educational, of course!)

No comments: