Here are the ornaments that the kids made at school this year. We have to buy them at a craft fair that the school sponsors for $1.50/each. We couldn't find Anthony's second ornament, a craft-stick snowflake.
Teresa made the lightbulb reindeer head and craft stick snowman. Catherine made the cinnamon dough bell and the milkweed pod santa face. Anthony made the glitter pinecone.
He used a lot of glitter. I love it!
This was an ornament Anthony made in class as a gift for us. His teacher is very into the sappy memorable stuff, but I really do love this handprint snowman ornament. The tag reads:
These aren't just five snowmen
As anyone can see.
I made them with my hand
Which is a part of me.
Now each year when you trim the tree
You'll look back and recall
Christmas of 2010
When my hand was just this small.
If you can't tell from this 2-dimensional photo, his hand was painted white and teacher put the ornament in his hand - so the palm is on the bottom of the ornament and the fingers wrap up and around. Obviously, she painted on the snowman features. Anthony thinks it's cool that it is filled with glitter snow.
He also made the clever Vulcan handprint reindeer in the center and the shiny purple angel. Teresa's handprint (upside down) made a Santa. I think she decorated the pre-cut craft foam snowflake with pre-cut foam glitter stickers, too. The doily angel is Catherine's from 2008. Her other two ornaments from Kindergarten were a picture of her cut out in a circle and pasted to a shiny doily; and a white handprint on a piece of square red felt, so I was pleased with the creativity of this year's ornaments.




1 comment:
Very cute!
Post a Comment