Pages

May 1, 2011

looking back - Anthony's birthday

Anthony's birthday fell on a Friday of Lent this year.
The weather was beautiful and rather unseasonably warm for early March, so we spent some time outside.

I can usually get better pictures outside in natural light, but my subject was being a goofball and I had butchered his hair a day or two earlier.  (It was so long - I just couldn't stand it - and I knew if I messed it up, Adam would fix it...eventually).
This is his signature "stinky face".
He tried really hard to convince me that dad had taught him how to drive the cart and that he was allowed to do it by himself.
This was the best picture I was able to get.
This was not a great picture, but it reminds me that Anthony made himself a tuna sandwich for his birthday lunch. He opened the can by himself and everything...now that I think of it, this must have been on a Saturday.  I dont' know why he'd have been home from school otherwise.
Here he is with his birthday cake (chocolate/chocolate) and siblings.  See Michaela's  had on the table at the bottom of the picture?  I made a two layer, which I thought would be a disaster as pretty much every birthday cake, cookie, or pie I've made has been, but it actually looked and tasted pretty good.

Uncle David, Anthony's godfather, came over to celebrate. It was the Sunday after his birthday, which is why the birthday boy is still in his church clothes.
Happy 6th Birthday, Anthony

2 comments:

Smiler #1 said...

Love the crayon candles. :) Miss you, Stephanie!

Kristi said...

I love the picture of all the kids sitting at the table smiling at the camera:)