I am a mother of five this year. I don't wait until the baby is born to consider myself a mother. I am already making adjustments to accommodate this new child, especially in the physical realm. When I was pregnant with Catherine and Teresa, no one could tell that I was expecting until the second trimester. With Anthony, it was obvious a little bit earlier and even earlier again with Stephen. I am barely two months along and my bulging belly is already quite evident, particularly to those who know me. My mind is constantly on food or sleep (maybe you noticed that many of my posts recently have fallen in the "food" category?) but I can't enjoy sweets - they don't even look appetizing. I was so excited at Easter to break out the jellybeans and Nutella that I'd been saving, but chocolate, in particular, makes me feel ill. How disappointing! Nevertheless, I've been enjoying Mexican, Italian, and Indian foods and feeling much better as I've adjusted to life without sugary sweets.

In other "Mother's Day" news, I received a (customized) Mother of the Year Award from two of my friends. Did you get one? Just imagine your name in place of Jane Smith in
this video. (Thanks, Kristi and Anne Marie). Father printed an excerpt from this Mother's Day reflection,
Queen of the Holy Ordinary, in our bulletin. Do read it if you have a chance. Oh yes, and speaking of new mothers, Princess "laid" her kittens under the porch yesterday. It is very hard to see them; but it looks like there may be 3 or 4. Newborn kittens for Mother's Day...I can't wait to get some pictures. While I was kneeling by the porch, trying to see them, I had a special "Mother's Day" treat: a hummingbird came buzzing among the fragrant
Woodland Phlox (pictured above) and then rested on a branch just a few feet away from me. What a thrill! I hope your Mother's Day is full of joy!
1 comment:
Congratulations! Happy Mother's Day :)
Post a Comment