Pages

November 29, 2009

Advent


*Image from Florida Catholic

It is hard to believe that it is already the First Sunday of Advent! We're going to take a break from homeschooling while focusing on Holy Heroes Advent Adventure to prepare ourselves for Christmas!

We have our Jesse Tree ornaments from an exchange two years ago. We're going to set out the Advent Wreath today and put up the tree to hang our Jesse Tree ornaments on each day after we read the corresponding bible stories from our Catholic Picture Bible.

I'd like to immerse ourselves more fully in this season with more of the suggested activities from Catholic Culture's Advent Workshop and daily Liturgical Year calendar suggestions, but with a new baby on the way, I'm not planning to do too much this year...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie-

We signed up for Holy Heroes too. I like how they are sending stuff so you have enough time to prepare:) Well---we do since we arent starting until the first for our Jesse tree and Advent calendar. I was really surprised...My kids LOVED the Advent wreath:)

Big Dog loved the the wooden Advent calendar I got. He loves his numbers:)

Can't wait to see your new addition:D

Anonymous said...

I was just noticing the dates on the expectant Mothers column. Seems to be that the ninth is the day for babys to show up. Maybe your Dr. is finally on the money };o)

-the grand-dad

stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stephanie said...

Oops - sorry for the confusion, but 09 was the year. I've changed it back...

I'm hoping for something to happen before midnight, still! Uncle Alex on 11/30, baby Michaela on 12/1 and Aunt Clare on 12/2...