"Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women..."
1) DON'T PANIC. "Don't Panic is a phrase written on the cover of the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The novel explains that this was partly because the device "looked insanely complicated" to operate, and partly to keep intergalactic travelers from, well, panicking. It is said that despite its many glaring (and occasionally fatal) inaccuracies, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy itself has outsold the Encyclopedia Galactica because it is slightly cheaper, and because it has the words "Don't Panic" in large, friendly letters on the cover." (from Wikipedia)
2) Know Where Your Towel Is. Although the movie does not explain the importance of the towel, Ford makes it clear to Arthur that he should always have his towel with him: "If you want to survive out here, you've got to know where your towel is." You can read about the importance of knowing where your towel is from the books here. There is also a link to the DON'T PANIC towel shop. Apparently The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in Europe could be compared to Star Wars in America...but I don't have anything from Star Wars stuck in my head.Now, it is likely that you may still not understand what the heck I'm talking about, so allow me to explain: As I approach the end of a pregnancy that has, thus far, been different than the rest; I am starting to get anxious and worry about how different this labor and delivery might be. Is it going to take longer and hurt a lot more? Is this baby going to be bigger and harder to deliver? Am I going to finally understand why women choose to have an epidural? DON'T PANIC. I've never been this big. I've never gained this much weight. I've never gone past 39 weeks. I've never made it more than 24 hours past my doctor checking to see how far along I am without going into labor. Another thing that has never happened is that my water has never broken on its own, which makes me feel like I should know where my towel is...
I'm hoping that "42" is NOT the answer to "How many weeks will Stephanie be pregnant?"


5 comments:
hmm maybe you should know where your towel is:D
DON"T PANIC. LOL Love HGTTG.
If it makes you feel any better, and perhaps it won't but I am trying, I was 2 weeks overdue with my first, and three days overdue with the 2nd. Both times I birthed boys well over 9 lbs (almost 10 in Connor's case) and did it at home no problem.
Good luck, and put those feet up!
If you go to 42, you will probably have to be induced. That's what happened with your grandmother when I didn't want to come out. Probably knew it was going to be too cold};0)
-the dad
You're hilarious. ;) Praying for you!
=] robyn
Wow, Erin - you are a strong woman! My biggest baby so far was 6lbs 11oz! Thanks for trying to make me feel better ;)
Post a Comment