Pages

November 6, 2009

Grams

I've been told that my paternal grandmother is dying. They've given her last rites and are making funeral arrangments. We'd always planned on naming our 3rd daughter after her, Jean, but this news that she is in her final days while I'm in my final weeks of pregnancy was unexpected and makes it bittersweet.

I've been privileged to know all four of my grandparents as an adult and this will be the first close (blood) relative of mine to die. The last time we saw everyone was two years ago since we were unable to attend my cousin's wedding this fall. Please pray for Grams and my family during this difficult time.

NOTE: Father Najim reflects on death today at LIVE HOLINESS

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I will offer prayers!

Smiler #1 said...

I'm so sorry, Steph. Be assured of our prayers for her & for your family.