One year ago today no one believed you were on your way. We were at the hospital a mere hour before you made your appearance. You didn't give me much grief in labor or delivery or in the ensuing days, weeks, and months that have made up this first year of your life. You have such a calm temperament and give such sweet hugs and kisses. Here you are hugging the dolly Teresa gave you for your birthday. You love to open and close her eyes.
Everyone says you look like Stephen or that you're a cross between Stephen and Teresa. Developmentally, you remind me of Catherine in so many ways. You've been making the same impish grin that she did lately and you like to sit in the plastic bins with the toys.
Your sweet little mouth reminds me of Teresa's and you have been nodding your head the way she did with a "da" at the end.
You cross your fingers and your toes, which reminds me of the way Anthony used to cross his ankles and you have a "stinky face" that makes me laugh like his did.
Your dark, expressive eyes, long lashes, and contagious laugh remind me of Stephen.
Yes - I see a little of everyone in you, but at the same time have a distinct awareness of your unique personality. I have enjoyed so much this year of watching you grow - you didn't crawl much, but you walk beautifully and you are mastering your climbing ability since you've discovered the art of getting back down in the last few weeks. You love to knock down towers and tear up train tracks. I'm so excited to get to know you in the coming year as you learn to talk. Happy Birthday, Michaela!
Posted late due to internet difficulties. For anyone who's interested, She is now 29" (45%); 17lb 13.5oz (5%) and has eight teeth!





1 comment:
She's BEAUTIFUL! I remember the day she was born; I've never had such a quick prenatal visit with Dr. M! She's a tiny little thing. Maria is at 21 lbs already, at 10 months! This is the first child I've had, that has hit the 20 pound mark by a year. The others were tiny like Michaela. Maria is a chunk! ;)
Post a Comment