Pages

March 4, 2011

pucker up


Usually, when Michaela gives kisses it's just with her bottom lip thrust out.  I tried to get a picture, but when I said, "Michaela, give me a kiss", she did this full pucker, which she had never done before and has not done since.  Right now she's looking at this picture interchangeably making "fish lips" and clicking her tongue.  I love it.




She likes to feed herself, now.  If I offer something on a utensil, she takes it before putting into her mouth herself.  She's also learning to blow on her food before she takes a bite, which is very cute.  I don't have a picture of that, but you can see, above, her new habit of climbing up on the coffee table and holding out her hands to "jump" into your lap.  She promptly wants to get down so she can climb up and do it again.  Oh - and her newest word is baby.  She says it like this:  bee-bee in the sweetest voice.  That's not an announcement, she just loves babies.


Usually, when Stephen comes close to touching her, she screams and cries.  (He's not always gentle with her and she often does not want to be picked up or moved by him).  So, I love it when I see them sitting nicely together.  He wanted her to watch Maisy with him, today.  It was sweet while it lasted.

No comments: