Pages

July 29, 2012

summer vacation

When the High Park fire broke out near Fort Collins, CO, I watched as it advanced closer and closer to our campground.  By the time our summer vacation spot was within the active fire perimeter and we got an email notification that our reservation fee had been refunded, we had already started planning an alternative trip.  We picked Yellowstone and when Adam called his brother to see if we could borrow his hard-sided camper we found out that he and his wife were also planning a trip to Yellowstone and why don't we just go together?  So we did.  That was over 2 weeks ago and with swim lessons and some kind of virus that has worked its way through our family, I am just sitting down with two SD cards full of pictures.  There are close to 1100 of them and they are all huge.  It is going to take me a while to sort through them and resize and post the highlights, especially with 200 chickens coming and school starting for four of the kids in August, but I will work on it.  Here are two family pictures from the beginning and end of the trip; one at Fort Robinson, NE and one at Beartooth Pass in Montana.

July 4, Fort Robinson, NE

July 13, Beartooth Pass, MT

(Anthony did not wear the same shirt for 10 days - He has two and just happened to wear one on the first day and one on the second to last day of the trip.)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Good thing you clarified about Anthony's shirt. If anyone would wear the same shirt for 10 days it'd be a 7yo boy! :)

Aubrey said...

Yellowstone, WOW! I want to take the kids there before they are too old to be amazed. Thankfully, it'll be awhile before we reach that point, I think. :)